“Double Wide” is our cruising catamaran which we keep in Stuart Florida.We purchased Double Wide in 2005 from Bob and Joan Pfarr who had cruised her on the East Coast and in the Caribbean for several years and had her fitted out for world cruising.
She’s not big by today’s cruising yacht standards, but our Manta 40 was designed for cruising couples and is easily handled by one or two people. She has three staterooms (bedrooms) and two water closets (bathrooms) and can sleep 5 or 6. Double Wide is comfortable, but just as important, she’s a true blue water cruiser and can easily sail around the world, if asked. In short, our Double Wide is the perfect cruising platform in our eyes.
Double Wide “Quick Stats”
- Length Overall- 39 feet 8 inches (12.1 meters)
- Length Waterline – 38 feet 2 inches (11.6 meters)
- Width – 21 feet (6.4 meters)
- Mast Height – 60 feet (18.3 meters)
- Weight – 13,500 pounds
- Sail Area – 883 sq feet
- Water Capacity – 100 gallons
- Fuel Capacity – 100 gallons
- Waste tanks (2) – 20 gallons each
- Water Maker – 600 gallons fresh water per day
- Engines (2) – Volvo 30 hp
- Dinghy – 12 foot inflatable with 35 HP engine
Click here to see complete specifications and pictures.